January assessment learner response

1) 26/35, Grade B.

WWW: Very good revision of the main theories and clear writing.
LR: Flesh of theories with specific examples of texts from the media.

2) Q1: How diversification allows companies to embrace new technology and find new revenue     streams.

   Q2: An against argument- Younger viewer don't really watch live TV in the same way as older  generations. Netflix and Amazon Prime will dominate TV market eventually.

   Q3: Moral panic and technopanics.

3) On a scale of 1(low)-10(high) I would rate my revision at 6/7. This is because I didn't fully concentrate when I was meant to be revising and didn't revise at all in the holidays so I wasn't fully prepared.

4) For question 1, I got 5/6. I managed to write about 3 different strategies, however I only wrote about 2 benefits because I ran out of time.

5) For question 2, I got 6/9. I did write about the BBC and commercial broadcaster like ITV and Channel 4. I could have added more disadvantages because I only wrote about 1.

6) For question 3, I got 15/20.

New paragraph:

Furthermore, another theory is Moral Panic,a theory introduced by Stanley Cohen. Moral Panic occurs when someone or something is defined by the media as a threat to society. Cohen suggested in his 1972 book 'Folk Devil's and Moral Panics' that a moral panic occurs when a "condition, episode, person or group of people emerges to become defined as a threat to societal values and interests." Cohen also suggested that the media plays an important role in creating moral panic, even if it is through news reports. This implies that the media does not have a damaging effect on audiences as it's just a convenient scapegoat to blame for issues in societies, such as poverty or violence. Also, the fact that people nowadays are more media literate means that they are aware of when the media uses scapegoats to tackle issues and put the blame on other people, such as associating Muslims with being terrorists, so people will just ignore what the media have to say as they know it's just a moral panic.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

'Men's Health CSP analysis'

Oh Comely - Audience

Oh Comely close-textual analysis: blog tasks